When you use the Reptile Buddy apps or visit our website, we register your personal information. We care about your privacy, so in this page we want tell you as clearly as we possible can how we treat your personal information
About this privacy statement
Reptile Buddy is a brand of Torfo, so whenever you read ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this document then we mean Torfo as the Dutch company, located in Alkmaar, The Netherlands. For more information about our company please visit the website. Because we are a Dutch company, we also adhere to the General Data Protection and Regulation laws of the European Union. Although the GDPR only applies to EU citizens, we think it’s important to enforce the rules for all our users, to allow anyone to benefit from the strict guidelines of this regulation.
From these privacy laws we are the responsible party for registering the personal information of our users and website visitors. You as a user are responsible for the information you register in Reptile Buddy. If this contains personal information you are also responsible for letting your customers know this. In this case we are only the processor of the information. If you want we can supply you with a data processor agreement.
Why do we register information, and which information is this?
We register personal information for different uses. Every use case is described in this section.
If you visit our website you we collect some of your information to analyze how the website is used. We use Google Analytics to do this. The Google Analytics account is set up in such a way that we track as little personal information as possible.
What we use for our statistics is an identifier to track you as a ‘unique’ visitor, your general location (city, state country), and the technology you are using to access the website. This also includes the type of device and the type of operating system running on it. This all depends on the information your browser is sending to the website.
We don’t use any of this information to track you as an individual, but solely to collect information on how the website is used.
Reptile Buddy account holders
Whenever you register an account with us we only ask you to provide us with one field, your email address. We use this address in order to contact you if there is something wrong and it provides you with a means to receive updates or retrieve your login information if you choose to do so.
It is possible to enter more personal information than just your email address, like your display name and your company name, but this is not required for your account to function. We don’t use this in any way or distribute this to others. It is just for your own convenience and to identify your account for other users through your public pages.
Reptile Buddy paid subscribers
For paid subscribers we have to register a little bit more information to handle the financial process. We use third party software in order to handle this process, so we are not the holder of the information. We have processor agreements with every software supplier that handles your personal information.
When you contact us by email or through or support system we will register your contact information and your name in order to process your questions or support requests. We will keep this information in our support system, so we can help you if you decide to contact us again at a later time.
How we secure your information
We have tried to take every reasonable measure in order to keep your information as safe as possible within the means we have at our disposal. Practically this means that our servers are secured by connections using SSL-certificates and that we have firewalls in place.
We are also open to any vulnerabilities you might discover in our infrastructure. If you do find any flaws in the way we’ve set things up, please let us know as soon as possible.
How long do we store your information
The duration we use to store your data differs on the different use cases. Here is a list of all ways in which we store your information and how long we keep that information in our systems.
- Your account information in the Reptile Buddy ecosystem is stored as long as you have an active account with us. If you choose to end your account your information will be permanently deleted from our databases one calendar month after you end your account. This also means that there is no way to restore your data after it has been removed.
- The information we store in Google Analytics is automatically removed after 18 months.
- Any financial information, contracts or other agreements you have with us will be stored for 10 years to comply with local law.
- Information in our support system is kept for a maximum of one year. If this information was registered because it relates to legal issues or other disagreements this period may be extended.
What can you do to remove your personal information
- Log in to your account and empty the fields that contain your personal information
- If you don’t want to receive any information from us, you can change your preferences when you log in to your account. We also provide you with an unsubscribe link in every email we send you for promotional purposes.
- If you don’t want us to store your email address at all anymore, please change it to something that does not contain personal information, or alternatively you can terminate your account.